Your Vichy shopping bag is empty. Shop now to find your favorite Vichy products
- Commitment To The Environment
How does Vichy reduce its impact on environment?
With over 80 years of expertise, we know what we’re talking about when it comes to looking after sensitive skin. However, that’s not the only cause we’re passionate about.
Here at Vichy, the environment is just as important to us as your skin.
As part of our commitment to environmental sustainability, Vichy takes the sourcing of its ingredients extremely seriously. We make sure to carefully track every aspect of the buying process - from ingredient to supplier - to make sure we respect the International Convention on Biological Diversity.
When it comes to formulating our products, we favor the use of ingredients that are from renewable or sustainable sources, with a focus on green chemistry. Because we want to be as transparent as possible about where our ingredients come from.
Environmentally friendly formulations
We’ve succeeded in ensuring an average biodegradability rate of 91% for our rise-off formulas. We’re also committed to ensuring that none of our scrubs contain microbeads.
A move towards eco-responsible packaging
As part of our commitment to preserving the environment, we are volunteers to reduce the environmental impact of our packaging - without compromising the safety or effectiveness of our products.
We already started:
- But also by designing lightweighting packaging, for instance we have lightened our roll on deodorants bottles of 2g which allowed us to save 22T of plastic saved per year.
- All our boxes are 100% FSC certified. By using a FSC® certified cardboard for its boxes, VICHY supports forest management that respects people and nature.
- In 2019, we saved 31 tons of plastic and 358 tons of glass in our packaging.
Sustainable production & distribution
We’re committed to reducing our environmental footprint (CO2 emissions, water consumption, waste production) by 60%* before 2020. See what we managed to achieve in 2015 on the adjacent table.
Our production plant is carbon neutral. We lowered the water consumption by 60% in 2019 and aim for 80% water reduction in 2020.
* Figures for factories end of 2015 compared to 2005